THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

This blog has moved it can be viewed here!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

We're Building a Pond

This morning I got to work and did my usual cursory look out of the office window. This is what I saw:
 
Breaking ground on the pond
 
I know a hole in the ground doesn't get many people excited, but it definitely made my day. Working with the North Campus design team, we spent many months designing a pond that could increase the biodiversity of the North Campus and be a fun and engaging place for visitors. The pond will be teeming with wildlife such as fish, freshwater invertebrates, visiting birds, and hopefully a colony of Western Pond Turtles, Actinemys marmota. Here is a rendering created by Mia Lehrer + Associates, so you can get a sense of what the pond might look like.
 
View of pond facing the Age of Mammals exhibit

No comments:

Post a Comment